Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] mount not working (I think)

2009-05-20 03:03:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] mount not working (I think)
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 08:58:50 +0200
Hi,

19.05.2009 18:14, John Drescher wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:01 PM,  <C.Keschnat AT internet-mit-iq DOT de>
> wrote:
>>
>> Chris

>>> This is the name of the storage resource used from what is defined in
>>> bacula-dir.conf. From your mount command below it will either be File
>>> or usbchanger1

>>> They should not be. I mean bacula does not move a job from 1 storage
>>> device to another. Although the vchanger may be doing something I am
>>> not aware of. I do not use disk based backups much.
>>>
>> Oh, that was on purpose as I specifically wanted to test restores where the
>> files are on different devices. The 2 files are from different jobs I
>> started
>> manually.
>>

> I now see. I have never done that  (restore with more than one
> storage)  so I should leave the answer to that question to others..

Bacula doesn't really support this (the reason is that a job can only
use one storage device).

The work-around involves soma manual work:
Initiate the restore job until you are ready to start it with 'yes'.

At that time, use a shell to copy the created bootstrap file to
another location, and then edit this file to create separate bootstrap
files, in a way that you split the bootstrap file whenever a new
storage device is referenced.

Save the resulting (at least) two bootstrap files and do not run the
original restore job. Next, run restore jobs with the created
bootstrap files in the "natural" order.

Hope this helps,

Arno

> John