Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Antwort: Re: mount not working (I think)

2009-05-19 11:53:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] Antwort: Re: mount not working (I think)
From: C.Keschnat AT internet-mit-iQ DOT de
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 17:47:34 +0200

Ow, while I was writing the text below, I wanted to reproduce the problem but then
the restore suddenly worked without problems. I have had this behaviour quite
often the last couple of days. I don't think I have done anything different but
I can't know for sure of course. I send this mail just for archive purposes and
will try to reproduce this "waiting for a mount request" during the next days.
For now, this is SOLVED. (Still, could someone maybe explain the "Storage:"
parameter during restores?)

John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote on 19.05.2009 17:26:45:

> 2009/5/19  <C.Keschnat AT internet-mit-iq DOT de>:
> >
> > Hey,
> > when I want to restore some files from different pools, bacula "is waiting
> > for a mount request". So I run mount and select the correct storage but the
> > status of the Job remains unchanged. I don't think there is anything wrong
> > with the configuration (because everything works just fine if I don't have
> > to change devices while a job is running).
>

> > So do I need to do anything in
> > addition to mount?
> >

> No. Post the bacula console output. Including your mount request and
> the message it returned to you.
>
> John

Ok. First the situation: I have a pool "Monday" where all volumes are on a USB-disk
using a virtual autochanger. This pool is written monday nights (differential).
Another pool "Hourly" uses the local disk to make hourly backups (incremental).
(see config below).

The backups worked. I have a file HELLO in a volume on the USB-disk and a file
HUHU on a volume on the local disk. (The backups worked without having to mount
anything btw). Then I start the restore by marking both files:

Run Restore job
JobName:         RestoreFiles
Bootstrap:       /home/bacula/working/bacula-dir.restore.1.bsr
Where:           /bacula-restores
Replace:         always
FileSet:         Full Set
Backup Client:   storage-fd
Restore Client:  storage-fd
Storage:         usbchanger1
When:            2009-05-19 17:37:13
Catalog:         MyCatalog
Plugin Options:  *None*
OK to run? (yes/mod/no):

First, I don't really understand the "Storage:" there. The files to restore are on
different storage devices. But nevertheless, I start the backup and HELLO gets restored
immediately. Then the job status changes to "waiting for a mount request". mount outputs:

*mount
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: usbchanger1
Select Storage resource (1-2): 1
3906 File device "FileStorage" (/hbackup) is always mounted.

The status still didn't change.

Device {

  Name = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /hbackup
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}

# local virtual autochanger with USB drive "magazines"
Autochanger {
    Name = usb-changer-1
    Device = usb-changer-1-drive-0
    Device = usb-changer-1-drive-1
    Changer Command = "/usr/local/bin/vchanger %c %o %S %a %d"
    Changer Device = "/home/bacula/etc/usbchanger1.conf"
}

# drive 0 of the usb-changer-1 autochanger
Device {
    Name = usb-changer-1-drive-0
    DriveIndex = 0
    Autochanger = yes;
    DeviceType = File
    MediaType = File
    ArchiveDevice = /home/bacula/working/usbchanger1/0/drive0
    RemovableMedia = no;
    RandomAccess = yes;
}

# drive 1 of the usb-changer-1 autochanger
Device {
    Name = usb-changer-1-drive-1
    DriveIndex = 1
    Autochanger = yes;
    DeviceType = File
    MediaType = File
    ArchiveDevice = /home/bacula/working/usbchanger1/1/drive1
    RemovableMedia = no;
    RandomAccess = yes;
}