Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup nas on windows fd

2009-05-19 06:00:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup nas on windows fd
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Gabriele Bulfon" <gbulfon AT sonicle DOT com>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 19:57:04 +1000
> The batch file runs:
>
> net use T:  /user:Administrator \\netdisk1\share password
>
> to mount it, but I always receive a System Error 59, stopping all that
windows
> job.
>
> If I run the batch file manually, everything works perfect.
> Why it doesn't work when bacula-fd do it?
> Should I change some service property?

Do you know for sure that it is the 'net use' command that is failing
with System Error 59?

Can you try making the bacula-fd service run under the Administrator
account? That's probably not a good long-term solution but it would help
narrow down the problem.

Try doing a 'portable' backup (check the docs if you don't know how to
do this) and make sure VSS is off, and maybe anything else that might
not work across a network share to a non-windows machine.

Finally, what sort of nas is it? Some of them actually run Linux
(Netgear ReadyNAS?) and it might not be impossible to put a bacula-fd on
it.

James