Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Windows 2000 Permission (or other?) Confusion

2009-05-16 10:44:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows 2000 Permission (or other?) Confusion
From: Jolly Roger <jollyrogerw AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 14:40:18 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,

A couple of days ago I installed bacula 3.0.1 on Debian Lenny x86, and successfully ran the first local test job.

Then I installed a file daemon on a Windows 2000 SP4 Server, and as soon as I try to run a backup job from that FD, I receive this:

win2000srv-fd JobId 41: Fatal error: /home/kern/bacula/k/src/filed/backup.c
        :948 Network send error to SD. ERR=Input/output error

This is with my data directory e:\Share. When I tried to use something from different locations (another directories on the same drive, or some directories from drive c:), they are sent to my Debian bacula server ok, and I could also restore them back to a restore directory on the Windows  machine.

Tried to make a new file within e:\Share, and it backs up ok. Tried to change all permissions in e:\Share, -- doesn't help.

Tried to run setacl:

SetACL.exe -on "\\win200srv\share" -ot file -actn ace -ace "n:mydomain\administrator;p:change" -ace "n:S-1-5-32-544;p:full;s:y" -actn clear -clr "dacl,sacl" -actn rstchldrn -rst "dacl,sacl" -log "c:\my documents\setacl\log.txt"

It executed ok, but didn't help. Tried to copy the whole directory to c:, and the same effect.

The Bacula Service is run by "LocalSystem" user, as are all other system services, and on my Win2000 machine, there is no user named "SYSTEM" to change it to. Tried to run as Administrator but that didn't help, too.

Now I'm out of ideas... Has anyone suggestions?