Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula /sometimes/ prunes empty volumes?

2009-05-17 12:50:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula /sometimes/ prunes empty volumes?
From: Heinz Ulrich Stille <hus AT design-d DOT de>
To: "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 18:45:39 +0200
Hi!

While playing around with the setup from the "Automated Disk Backup" section
of the manual I stumbled across a phenomenon I don't understand: Creating
new Volumes works just fine, even with custom names via python. But when
running incremental backups - with zero data, as the test job contains just a
dummy directory - bacula alternates between creating a new volume and
recycling the last one. I had expected it to always create a new one; I'd even
understand always pruning empty ones, but this? Is this a bug or something
missing from the documentation?

MfG, Ulrich

--
Heinz Ulrich Stille / Tel.: +49-541-9400473 / Fax: +49-541-9400450
design_d gmbh / Natruper Straße 15 / 49076 Osnabrück / www.design-d.de