Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] recommend a setup guide for debian uses with mysql?

2009-05-15 13:01:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] recommend a setup guide for debian uses with mysql?
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Zhengquan Zhang <zhang.zhengquan AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:56:58 -0400
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Zhengquan Zhang
<zhang.zhengquan AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> Hello, bacula users,
> I am newbie to bacula and was trying to setup bacula to do backup for
> several servers. the official doc is really daunting. and I searched web
> but there seems to be no detailed guide for step-for-step setup with
> mysql. I wonder if anyone has the same experience before and can point
> to a debian bacula mysql setup guide?

I do not run debian or a derived distro of that, but a word of
warning. You must remove localhost and 127.0.0.1 from all bacula
config files and replace this with the external ip address. The
defaults applied by the debian packaging limit bacula to backing up
only the director which is not what you want.

John