Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] fileset question

2009-05-15 10:00:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] fileset question
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:44:28 -0400
1) regex is more powerful (and therefore slow) for what you're trying to
do.  WildFile is probably what you'd want instead.
2) You can't do both an include and an exclude of the same directory.
3) Start with something really basic.  Take out all the exclusions and then
you're just left with the File line.
Then put all the exclusions in one Options block.  It looks to me like you
only want to include each user's Desktop, My Documents, and Thunderbird
folders.  Have you looked at how big it would be to just include everything
  under Documents and settings with possible temp directory exceptions?

That would be quite a lot simpler... like so...

FileSet {

   Name = "XP_WS4"
   EnableVSS=yes
   Include {
           Options {
               Signature = MD5
              compression=GZIP
              ignore case = yes
              exclude = yes
              WildFile = "*.lnk"
              WildFile = "*.mp3"
              WildFile = "*.wma"
              WildDir = "*/temp"
              WildDir = "*/temporary*"
          }
   File = "C:/Documents and Settings"
}

Also, are you sure you'd want to exclude .lnk files?

Also, after setting this up, you can log the list of files it gets with the
command
@output /tmp/file-listing.txt
estimate listing job=<jobname>
@output

I typically look over those lists for stuff to exclude, but mainly I sort
it by size to exclude big stuff that wouldn't be useful, such as installers
for acrobat reader, etc.

    Bob