Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] unable to mount the wanted tape bacula 3.0.1

2009-05-15 09:07:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] unable to mount the wanted tape bacula 3.0.1
From: Thomas <thomas AT ic3s DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 15:01:30 +0200
Hi List,

i have started a restore job
but at start time the needed tape
was not in the autochanger

> The job will require the following
>    Volume(s)    Storage(s)    SD Device(s)
>
>    FUL112       JBBB          JBBB

i got this message

> 15-May 14:21 backup-dir JobId 72185: Start Restore Job
> RestoreFiles.2009-05-15_14.21.01_38
> 15-May 14:21 backup-dir JobId 72185: Using Device "JBBB-1"
>
> 15-May 14:21 backup-sd-bb JobId 72185: Invalid slot=0 defined in catalog for
> Volume "FUL112" on "JBBB-1" (/dev/nst0). Manual load may be required.

i put the tape into the changer and run

> *update slots

> Connecting to Storage daemon JBBB at backup-sd-bb.ic3s.de:9103 ...
>
> 3306 Issuing autochanger "list" command.

> Catalog record for Volume "FUL112" updated to reference slot 15.

after that i tried to mount the volume

> *mount
> The defined Storage resources are:
>      1: JBGS
>      2: JBBB
>      3: FileStorageBB
>      4: USBStorageBB1
> Select Storage resource (1-4): 2
> Enter autochanger drive[0]:
> Enter autochanger slot: 15
> 3001 OK mount. Device="JBBB-1" (/dev/nst0)
> You have messages.
> *m
> 15-May 14:25 backup-sd-bb JobId 72185: Invalid slot=0 defined in catalog for
> Volume "FUL112" on "JBBB-1" (/dev/nst0). Manual load may be required.
>

> 15-May 14:25 backup-sd-bb JobId 72185: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded?
> drive 0" command.
> 15-May 14:25 backup-sd-bb JobId 72185: 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0",
> result: nothing loaded.
> 15-May 14:25 backup-sd-bb JobId 72185: Warning: acquire.c:221 Read open
> device "JBBB-1" (/dev/nst0) Volume "FUL112" failed: ERR=dev.c:474 Unable to
> open device "JBBB-1" (/dev/nst0): ERR=No medium found

result: nothing loaded => ERR=No medium found

ui, big surprise :)

it looks like bacula simply forgot to
move the tape from the slot 15 into drive 0
before opening the device.

with 2.4.4 this problem does not appear,
so i think it is not a problem of my configuration.

and i wonder what this means:
backup-sd-bb JobId 72185: Invalid slot=0 defined in catalog for Volume "FUL112"

does the sd really look into the catalog (query the database) to determine the
slot of the volume?

Best Regards

Thomas

p.s.:
after using mtx on the commandline to load the tape into the drive
i can mount the volume and the job runs

--