Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula cannot see my lto drive

2009-05-15 07:28:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula cannot see my lto drive
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 13:22:25 +0200
John Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
>
> I'm using bacula release 1.38.5 -- redhat 9 which while old was happily
> backing up every night.
>
> We had a power cut and while bacula was not doing anything when this happened
> a tape got stuck in the powervault 128T so I removed the tape and loaded a
> new one, now bacula will not mount the drive it complains:
>
> *mount
> Using default Catalog name=MyCatalog DB=bacula
> Automatically selected Storage: PV128T
> Connecting to Storage daemon PV128T at ie-serv-2:9103 ...
> 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded drive 0" command.
> 3302 Autochanger "loaded drive 0", result: nothing loaded.
> dev.c:362 dev.c:356 Unable to open device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0): ERR=No such
> device
> 3901 open device failed: ERR=dev.c:356 Unable to open device "Drive-1"
> (/dev/nst0): ERR=No such device
>
> There is no drive 0 but drive 1 is running with
>
> Any help greatly appreciated

This type of device are very sensible to power-outage, and tape disaster.

I think the best way to get it back is :
Eject any tape inside the drive
Shutdown the server again but properly.
Remove the power plug, press the start button to really empty rest of
electricity.

Replug, restart. This manipulation save me a lot of time with scsi recalcitrant
device.

--

     Bruno Friedmann