Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] ACL and restore

2009-05-05 09:34:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] ACL and restore
From: Maxime <maxime.charpenne AT univ-avignon DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 15:28:52 +0200
Hi list,

I have noticed something concerning ACLs.

I run bacula-2.4.3 compiled with ACL support both on fd and director
(Debian sarge and etch).

I have restored some files from XFS filesystem to ext3 filesystem. Ext3
partition doesn't have ACL mount option. Original files do not have any
ACL set. Here is what I get from the original file (restored on XFS
filesytem without any error) :
> getfacl desktop.ini
# file: desktop.ini
# owner: 7703563
# group: aes
user::rw-
group::---
other::---

Nevertheless, restoring on ext3, I got errors such like :
Error: acl.c:271 acl_set_file error on file
"/tmp/bacula-restores/nfsdata/students/aes/uapv7703563/Documents/desktop.ini":
ERR=Operation not supported

as if Bacula tries to apply ACL even if original files don't have on.

Is it a regular behaviour ?
I think Bacula should tries to apply ACL *only if* original files have
ACL set. This way, it could avoid errors that are not actually.

Maybe it is corrected in bacula-3.0

Thanks for your feedback
--
Maxime CHARPENNE
Université d'Avignon et des Pays de Vaucluse - CRI