Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] duplicate jobs in 3.0

2009-05-03 14:32:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] duplicate jobs in 3.0
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 21:27:08 +0300
Hello.

I noticed one thing today.. a big full backup was ran on friday, so it wasn't
completed 24 hours later, but when the next job's time arrived, it wasn't run.
I was very surprised, because I expected it to run as it has been the case
without "allow duplicate jobs = no" with Bacula 2.x. When the full job
completed, the scheduled (and not run) one started immediately and was
correctly making an incremental backup.

So it seems that duplicate job control does work, just not the way I expected,
ie. I expected it to being cancelled (I guess I thought it's the "Cancel
Queued Duplicates" directive, but now, I guess not) instead of being hidden
and waiting somewhere back there.

--
Silver