Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula not finding SD resource properly defined and used by other jobs

2009-04-24 03:23:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula not finding SD resource properly defined and used by other jobs
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:16:23 +0200
Hi,

24.04.2009 01:21, Mingus Dew wrote:
> All,
>      I'm running Bacula 2.4.4 (not gone to 3.0 just yet) on Solaris
> 10_x86. I am having an issue where a couple of new jobs that I've
> created are hanging indefinitely (why doesn't they watchdog catch these?).

Hard to say without further information - how are the jobs configured,
what is actually stalled, and what's the state of the affected daemon?

> I eventually have to cancel the jobs or all the other jobs get stuck
> "waiting execution". When I cancel I get the following error:
>
> 23-Apr 19:13 mt-back4.storage JobId 27584: Fatal error:
>      Device "Advisen_ZFS_Storage" with MediaType "Advisen_File"
> requested by DIR not found in SD Device resources.

Sounds surprisingly similar to the thread "Canceling jobs in 3.0.0
results in "Terminated with Error".

> 23-Apr 19:13 mt-back4.director JobId 27584: Fatal error:
>      Storage daemon didn't accept Device "Advisen_ZFS_Storage" because:
>      3924 Device "Advisen_ZFS_Storage" not in SD Device resources.
>
> However, these resources do exist, are defined, and are written to daily
> by other jobs. Also I've run "bacula-dir -t -c bacula-dir.conf" just to
> see if any errors come up, but nothing does.
>
> Any ideas?

At least this seems be a problem affecting both 2.4.4 and 3.0.0. Might
be worth a bug report.

Arno

> Thanks,
> Shon

> Crystal Reports &#45; New Free Runtime and 30 Day Trial
> Check out the new simplified licensign option that enables unlimited
> royalty&#45;free distribution of the report engine for externally facing
> server and web deployment.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann