Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula not finding SD resource properly defined and used by other jobs

2009-04-23 19:29:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula not finding SD resource properly defined and used by other jobs
From: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 19:21:57 -0400
All,
     I'm running Bacula 2.4.4 (not gone to 3.0 just yet) on Solaris 10_x86. I am having an issue where a couple of new jobs that I've created are hanging indefinitely (why doesn't they watchdog catch these?).

I eventually have to cancel the jobs or all the other jobs get stuck "waiting execution". When I cancel I get the following error:

23-Apr 19:13 mt-back4.storage JobId 27584: Fatal error:
     Device "Advisen_ZFS_Storage" with MediaType "Advisen_File" requested by DIR not found in SD Device resources.
23-Apr 19:13 mt-back4.director JobId 27584: Fatal error:
     Storage daemon didn't accept Device "Advisen_ZFS_Storage" because:
     3924 Device "Advisen_ZFS_Storage" not in SD Device resources.

However, these resources do exist, are defined, and are written to daily by other jobs. Also I've run "bacula-dir -t -c bacula-dir.conf" just to see if any errors come up, but nothing does.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shon