Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] preparing backups ahead of time

2009-04-12 09:33:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] preparing backups ahead of time
From: Andreas Schuldei <schuldei+bacula-users AT spotify DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:28:06 +0200
On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 3:37 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Andreas Schuldei
> Concurrency will work great. I have been using it in the way I
> described for 5 years with bacula. I mean with a small spool size and
> several concurrent jobs.  At one point I was doing this with a single
> DLT-IV drive but now I have a 2 drive 24 slot LTO2 autochanger. It
> works great for me with a small spool size. Basically each job works
> to fill its 5GB spool and then these 5GB spools go to tape when they
> are ready.

i would like to use something like that. i would be interested in how
to change my "no concurrency - no spool - to disk" setup to be more
like yours.

my datavolume would be two orders of magnitude higher, but i dont
think that would be a problem, would it?
would that mean that the database be more in the 3Tbyte range, then?