Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Howto recover from a job being rerun around a summer time change

2009-04-05 02:40:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] Howto recover from a job being rerun around a summer time change
From: Mark V <mvyver AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 17:37:25 +1100
Hi Group,

Unfortunately I seem to have scheduled my full backup for 2:05am which
is around the time that our clocks go back, 2:00am - I use openSUSE
11.0 and it seems this time shift happened, but only after the backup
started.

bacula version is 2.4.4

The result does not seem to be disastrous - the backup went ahead.
The problem is the same backup job tried to run again and is now
hanging with bacula-tray-monitor showing:
    Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for:
       Pool:        Full-Pool
       Media type:  File

In the log I don't see error messages.
But in bat gui I did see an error message in the console showing that
the job finished at 2:51am and then tried to start again at 2:05am,
and of course complained that the job file existed - this job is set
to have only one backup job per file.

Two questions:
Q1) Am I going mad or is it possible for bat to show an error that
does not show in the bacula log file?
Q2) What is the best way to remedy this situation?
Q3) Am I correct in assuming that the only way to handle (summer) time
changes is to set your backup times far enough away from the change
over time?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Mark