Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] dvd problems

2009-01-21 11:47:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] dvd problems
From: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: "Basura" <basura AT sympatico DOT ca>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:44:41 +0200
> bacula do the same? (i.e. store in the catalog some path
> to a backup that would get screwed if i moved the backups
> from temporary dirs to dvds). other problems were not the
> whole backup being accessible at once (since you have to
> change disks) and controlling when to use new disks (so
> if a disk has only 400MB free it should create a first
> 400MB file and then 4.5GB subsequent files for the rest
> of the backup). All this was very annoying since i had to
> code it all in a bash script. This was the main reason to
> switch to bacula, that it natively supported dvds. Any
> suggestions?

Using a File storage and copying those manually or by script to DVD is the
official Bacula staff solution. But I don't like it.

I suggest you download 2.0.2 from Sourceforge and use that. Backup & Restore
both works with it, but I have no idea about Recycle. I have 100 DVD+RW discs,
and I'm now writing to #30. Takes some time until all 100 is full...

I used to use a DAT tape, but as it died, I had to go with a lot cheaper DVD.
And then I downgraded from latest version to the 2.0.2.