Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] dvd problems

2009-01-21 02:04:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] dvd problems
From: Basura <basura AT sympatico DOT ca>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 02:01:24 -0500
Hey guys
i've been using bacula for some time to do file backups with no problems.
Now i am trying to do dvd backups and i've been making nice coasters.
i basically have 2 separate problems and fixing either of them would be
good, both would be perfect. i followed both dvd tutorials available and
trying to find previous messages on the list but searching isn't that easy.
Anyway, here is my first problem. i'm using ubuntu 2.6.24 and bacula 2.2.8
1) i labeled 2 disks the same (this was actually very confusing, after
labeling the disk bacula still was asking for a disk to be labeled, it
didn't say anything about it being the second disk) and when the backup
process failed before burning the actual data the disks became unusable,
i tried fixing the volBytes entry using bscan and making the volume
appendable but bscan seemed to be creating a wrong entry by like 20
bytes so bacula still complained about sizes mismatch. How can i use
those disks that are still almost new just labeled but with nothing in
them??
2) after trying lots of things i manage to burn a disk but when it asked
for the second disk (which is actually part #1, it looks like bacula
burns from last to first??) i made a mistake and stopped the process, so
now i have a disk with the complete and valid second part of the backup.
Is there a way to resume the process using that disk that already has
everything from disk #2 in it??

this is the current status of my catalog

+---------+--------------------+-----------+---------+---------------+----------+--------------+---------+------+-----------+-----------+---------------------+
| MediaId | VolumeName         | VolStatus | Enabled | VolBytes      |
VolFiles | VolRetention | Recycle | Slot | InChanger | MediaType |
LastWritten         |
+---------+--------------------+-----------+---------+---------------+----------+--------------+---------+------+-----------+-----------+---------------------+
|       8 | mazinger-backup002 | Full      |       1 | 4,680,732,370
|        1 |   31,536,000 |       1 |    0 |         0 | DVD       |
2008-12-27 02:32:39 |
|      10 | mazinger-backup    | Append    |       1 |           184
|        0 |   31,536,000 |       0 |    0 |         0 | DVD       |
2008-12-26 18:01:16 |

i upgraded today to bacula 2.4.2 but won't be trying anything in hope
for some feedback.

Thanks for any thoughts

Alejandro