Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Recycling volumes

2009-01-16 08:15:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] Recycling volumes
From: Thiago Simoes <tsimoes AT lightcomm.com DOT br>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:58:18 -0200
Hi,

I read the documentation but this is still a blurry issue for me.
I have several servers and one pool for each server making backup to
file volumes.
I don't have much disk space so I set the volume retention do 30 days.
The problem is: The volumes is not being reused.
The documentation said that Bacula will only recycling tapes when there
is any new tape or any volume with append status available.
But since I work with File volumes, there is always the possibility to
create a new volume.
I'm using the Use Volume Once option. This could affect the recycling
proccess too?

Regards,

Thiago Simões