Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Exclude of file not working.

2009-01-16 08:01:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Exclude of file not working.
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:51:27 +0100
Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> I have set up an exclude for File = /home/erik/.gvfs but it is nevertheless
> not
> excluded. Is it a bug or can't hidden directories be excluded? I keep getting
> following warnings:
>
> 14-Jan 23:38 epohost-fd JobId 1081:      Could not stat /home/erik/.gvfs:
> ERR=Permission denied
>
> It's with Bacula 2.4.3 on Fedora 10.

.gvfs is not a file it's a directory and a mountpoint.

an ls -a as root give this
??????????  ? ?      ?          ?            ? .gvfs
and if you look inside mount

gvfs-fuse-daemon on /ioda/home/USER/.gvfs type fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon
(rw,nosuid,nodev,user=USER)

or
cat /proc/mounts
gvfs-fuse-daemon /ioda/home/USER/.gvfs fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon
rw,nosuid,nodev,user_id=USER_UID,group_id=USER_GID 0 0

and ls -a by the user in it's home
dr-x------  2 USER GROUP       0 jan 11 16:38 .gvfs

I've encounter same trouble with new opensuse 11.1 installation.
And have not make a decision how to thread this ...
umount, close the x session of the user (quiet hard), exclude traverse other
filesystem ?

--

     Bruno Friedmann