Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to do a systemstate backup?

2009-01-09 08:08:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to do a systemstate backup?
From: Bob Duman <bob AT cleantech DOT com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 07:53:54 -0500

I run mine in a batch file and then call the batch file from Bacula:

The file c:\bacula-systemstate.bat contains:
c:\windows\system32\ntbackup.exe backup systemstate /F
c:\SERVERNAME-systemstate.bkf

Then in the Bacula config I put:
Client Run Before Job = "c:/bacula-systemstate.bat"

> I have two problems with it:
>
> - It doesn't work. NTbackup starts, but then terminates. The
> Systemstate.bkf file does get created, but is only 2kb in size. When I
> use the exact same command on the command line, NTBackup works without
> problem and creates a backup > 600Mb, which is about expected.
>
> I have a suspicion that in part it may be a timing issue. The
> systemstate backup from the command line takes about 45 minutes - is
> there a timeout for the Client Run Before Job that might kill the
> backup
> prematurely?
>
> - Is there a way to only run this script before a full backup, but not
> before an incremental backup?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Kevin Keane
> Owner
> The NetTech
> Turn your NetWORRY into a NetWORK!
>
> Office: 866-642-7116
> http://www.4nettech.com
>
> This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
> proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
> disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information
> herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named
> above. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
> the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any
> copies, printouts or attachments thereof.

Thanks,
Bob Duman
Senior Systems Engineer
Cleantech Group LLC