Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to do a systemstate backup?

2009-01-09 18:33:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to do a systemstate backup?
From: Andrea Conti <ac AT alyf DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sf DOT net
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 00:31:38 +0100
 > Drats. I was hoping to avoid a script on the client side

Well, I guess you can try passing the script as the command ;)

Client Run Before Job = "cmd /c if [%l]==[Full] ntbackup <...>"

I did not try it, so you might need to fix the escaping and/or specify a
path to cmd.exe.

> The service currently runs under the local system account.

Same here.

> Update: I think I found the cause. After I added the logging option
> /l:f, the system state backup is suddenly running without a problem. No
> idea why that would make a difference.

I just do:

start /w "" ntbackup backup systemstate /F "<filename>"

and it works without a hitch, on both xp and xp x64; I had to add the
"start /w" bit in order to halt the script until ntbackup is done.

andrea