Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] volume management on a storage File

2008-12-08 12:48:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] volume management on a storage File
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Robert Du Gaue" <rdugaue AT calweb DOT com>, "Lukasz Szybalski" <szybalski AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sf DOT net
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:46:26 -0500
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Robert Du Gaue <rdugaue AT calweb DOT com>
wrote:
> Yeah, option 1.
>
> We learned the hard way how its the all-or-nothing.  :-[  When that HD fills
> up the first thing that'll happen is a volume purge, loosing everything.

If you have any computer on your network (windows, linux, bsd,
solaris) with a descent amount of free space (I would be surprised if
you did not) you could setup a second storage daemon and use that
temporary. You can also move the current volume file to this second
server if needed.

John