Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] volume management on a storage File

2008-12-08 11:31:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] volume management on a storage File
From: "Lukasz Szybalski" <szybalski AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 10:29:18 -0600
Hello,
I've initially setup bacula(1.38 on Debian stable) to use one volume,
but now I'm reaching my capacity.

729G 2008-12-08 09:27 bacula20080801

It obviously was already 3 months since we were doing backups, so to
lower the size of the backup file I would like to remove the 1st month
backup aka 200808. How can that be done?
File retention is set to 30 days and job retention is set to 6 months,
but it doesn't look like the files older then 30 days get deleted.

Should my volume be split up into smaller size volumes?
My goal is to make the final volume of 500Gb or less, how can I achieve that?
If I would split the file into 100x5gb can the older once be moved
over to a (amazon s3) and deleted from system, or bacula would access
them on each job?

Thanks,
Lucas

--