Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Schedules, pools, volumes...

2008-05-27 04:41:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] Schedules, pools, volumes...
From: Daniel Ruiz Molina <tecnicos AT caos.uab DOT es>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:41:06 +0200
Hi!

We would like to configure Bacula for doing following scheduling:
    --> a full backup first day of the week (for example, monday)
    --> incremental backups the rest of the week (from tuesday to sunday)

Now, Bacula is configured for generating a file (POOL) in the system (we run backups over a RAID-5 filesystem) for that cycle (1-Full + 6-Increm) and another different one when cycle starts again (one cycle per week).
However, we would like to generate 4 POOL (files with different number???) in a month. In others word, we want to keep a POOL 1 week, start another one, and when the third week starts, recycle the first and write over it

Our configuration files are:

schedule.conf
Schedule {
  Name = "PT"
  Run = Incremental tue-sun at 1:00
  Run = Full mon at 1:00
}

pool.conf
Pool {
        Name = Incremental
        Label Format = "MyHOST"
        Pool Type = Backup
        Recycle = yes
        AutoPrune = yes
        Storage = BackupRAID5
        Volume Use Duration = 6d
        Volume Retention = 15d
}

clients.conf
Client {
  Name = myhost
  Address = myhost
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = Catalogo-MyHOST
  Password = "password"
  File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

jobs.conf
Job {
  Name = "Backup-MyHOST"
  Client = myhost
  JobDefs = "ServerJob"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/myhost"
  Pool = Incremental
}

jobsdefs.conf
JobDefs {
  Name = "ServerJob"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = myhost
  FileSet = "Servers"
  Schedule = "PT"
  Storage = BackupRAID5
  Messages = Standard
  Priority = 10
  Pool = Incremental
}

bacula-dir.conf
Catalog {
  Name = Catalogo-MyHOST
  dbname = bacula; user = bacula; password = ""
}

With this configuration, Bacula generates a third file in third week. We only want to keep 2 files (pools?) containing backups from monday to sunday. Week #3 we would like to use file 1 (or another one, but deleting first automatically) and week #4 use file 2 (or another one deleting second automatically).

Can anyone help me??

I have read Bacula PDF... but I think I will never get what I want.

Thanks.