Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backup shifting jobs

2008-05-23 10:43:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] backup shifting jobs
From: Stephan Jennewein <xt3 AT cccmz DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 16:33:26 +0200
Hi,

I have a great backup around 10tb which is shared between 5 clients. So I
splitted them up in something like 20 jobs. Then I have schedules which
starts the jobs every day at 8pm. What's the best way that the jobs starts on
alternating pcs, because at the moment all jobs of the first computer starts
than the one of the second an so on. The problem is that the jobs of the
first computer waits for the first job of this pc to finish. What I want is
at least to have 2 jobs running simultaneous. Well I have 1,5tb spooling
space and 140 tapes and 2 drives so this should be ok. Is there an option in
bacula or what's the best way to start the jobs in an alternating way to get
them done faster and I hope that I don't need a schedule for each pc because
there will follow around 100 pcs in the nearer future.

Stephan Jennewein