Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring from disk volumes without catalogue

2008-05-21 13:56:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restoring from disk volumes without catalogue
From: Damian Brasher <db2 AT ecs.soton.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:56:38 +0100
John Drescher wrote:
>> I guess it depends on your particular configuration and the selections
>> you make. I'm working from bat.
>>

> I do not use it at work because with my network (35+ clients, > 15TB
> of data, 4,500,000 files) bat caused the director to crash. This was
> with an early version of bat so the problem may have been fixed. I am
> talking about bconsole.
>
> John

I see, the email reports I get back when I have run test Diff restores
report back 'OK -of host- FULL' as I chose the Full set of files,
however this I now see, actually means the Full set of files from the
Diff not a subset selection and I still need to complement the Diff
beforehand with the corresponding FULL to create a complete restore.
This is in the case of total file system loss.

dlb

--
Damian Brasher
db2 AT ecs.soton.ac DOT uk