Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mixing Bacula Versions

2008-05-21 08:37:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mixing Bacula Versions
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Robin Bonin" <rbonin AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 08:37:50 -0400
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 7:43 AM, Robin Bonin <rbonin AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> I was able to compile and start using bacula on a CENTOS system. now I
> want to start adding new clients. I have found binaries already
> compiled for Mac, and for Ubuntu, but they are not the same version,
> they are older.
>
> Will the director handle the older clients ok,or should they all be
> the same version? I was hoping not to have to comile bacula for each
> system, but that will probably be the only way to get all the versions
> the same.

I have never had a problem with the bacula servers (bacula-sd or
bacula-dir) being a higher version than the bacula-fd in the 4.5 years
that I have run bacula. With my 35+ clients I have 2.2.8 servers with
clients of 1.38 to 2.2.8 and this has never caused me a problem with
the 10250 jobs I have run to date.

John