Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Off Site Backups

2008-05-21 07:48:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] Off Site Backups
From: "Robin Bonin" <rbonin AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 06:48:13 -0500
I am planning on creating a single server with a few large hard disk
to store company wide backups (SQL Server, Exchange, Some server
images, 30 Clients). I would like to make some copies of the monthly
full backup to take off site.

It seems that I can just make a copy using rsync of the volumes on the
disk to a removable disk drive (or tape drive?). If this copy also
contains a backup of the catalog database, it seems that should be all
I need to restore things if the building is destroyed by some type of
disaster.

Does this sound correct or am I missing something?

Thanks