Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How long do you keep the catalog backup?

2008-05-20 15:03:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How long do you keep the catalog backup?
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:06:01 +0200
Hemant Shah wrote:
> Folks,
>
>   I run Catalog backup job every night and have retention period of one
> month. In run after script I also copy bacula.sql to offsite system, current
> files overwrites previous night's bacula.sql file. Is it necessary to keep
> one months worth of catalog backup?
>
> I backup everything to disk, so I am thinking of only keeping latest catalog
> backup and latest copy of bacula.sql file at offsite system. Is my thinking
> correct?
>
> Thanks.

Good or bad I've the habit to use a pool with 7 volumes inside (one for each
weekdays) as place and catalog size doesn't matter
 too much.

There's also one copy per month/week going offsite.

If you transfer offsite the bacula.sql don't forget to gzip or bzip it before.
It normally be compressed at a 90%.

--

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl   - www.ioda-net.ch