Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How long do you keep the catalog backup?

2008-05-19 15:19:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] How long do you keep the catalog backup?
From: Hemant Shah <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>
To: baculausers <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 12:19:38 -0700 (PDT)
Folks,

  I run Catalog backup job every night and have retention period of one month.
In run after script I also copy bacula.sql to offsite system, current files
overwrites previous night's bacula.sql file. Is it necessary to keep one months
worth of catalog backup?

I backup everything to disk, so I am thinking of only keeping latest catalog
backup and latest copy of bacula.sql file at offsite system. Is my thinking
correct?

Thanks.

Hemant Shah
E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com