Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Auto-Recycle Volumes

2008-05-19 17:38:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] Auto-Recycle Volumes
From: Matt West <mwest AT discoverymining DOT com>
To: baculausers <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:38:23 -0700
Hey All,

    I've been trying to get Bacula to consume its volume that it creates
after 7 days. I've caught wind somewhere that I need to have two volumes
set for this to work. One week it would write to one volume, the next
week it would be the other, and then the process would repeat. I'm just
trying to break up my weekly backups, I'm not trying to make different
volumes for different backup methods, such as incremental and full. I
want the full backup and all incrementals from one week to be stored in
one volume and the next week stored in another.

    If anyone has a good walkthrough or setup somewhere that mimics this
I'd really like to check out your bacula-director.conf file so I can
better understand how to accomplish this.

Thanks,

--
Matthew West
Linux Systems Administrator