Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Synthetic Full backup or Consolidation

2008-05-17 13:38:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Synthetic Full backup or Consolidation
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "Robert LeBlanc" <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 13:38:14 -0400
On Saturday 17 May 2008 11:24:52 Robert LeBlanc wrote:
> Does this mean that Bacula is now correctly identifying files that have
> been deleted or moved

Yes, this is true in the development version if you explicitly enable Accurate
backups.

> so that the Synthetic backup is identical to a
> full back-up?

Yes, provided the above conditions are met.

> I know this was an issue that prevented this feature in
> the past.

The projects are totally separate.  The Accurate backup feature was not
preventing a Consolidation -- obviously if the consolidation is made without
accurate backup, it will not be equivalent to a "real" Full backup.

Kern