Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Migrated Monthly Backups not seen by Dailies.

2008-05-16 12:58:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Migrated Monthly Backups not seen by Dailies.
From: Doug Breshears <doug AT jshfarms DOT com>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:26:47 -0700
Martin Simmons wrote:

>>> Looks like it might be a bug.
>>>
>>> What is the output of the following sql command for those jobs?
>>>
>>> select jobid, job, name, type, level, jobstatus from job where jobid in
>>> (4301,4300,4292);
>>>
>>> __Martin
>>>

>> Interesting.. I will have to look at the DB more closely.
>> Here is the data...
>>
>> *sqlquery
>> Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
>> Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
>> Entering SQL query mode.
>> Terminate each query with a semicolon.
>> Terminate query mode with a blank line.
>> Enter SQL query: select jobid, job, name, type, level, jobstatus from
>> job where jobid in (4301, 4300, 4292);
>> +-------+-------------------------------------+-----------------+------+-------+-----------+
>> | jobid | job                                 | name            | type |
>> level | jobstatus |
>> +-------+-------------------------------------+-----------------+------+-------+-----------+
>> | 4292  | Ex1.2008-05-02_17.36.37             | Ex1             | M    | F
>>   | T         |
>> | 4300  | Migrate-Monthly.2008-05-05_08.18.01 | Migrate-Monthly | g    | F
>>   | T         |
>> | 4301  | Ex1.2008-05-05_08.18.02             | Ex1             | B    | F
>>   | T         |
>> +-------+-------------------------------------+-----------------+------+-------+-----------+
>> Enter SQL query:
>>

> Ok, so the correct jobs are still in the catalog.  I think the
> differential/incremental backups are suppose to find jobid 4301 after
> migration.
>
> The output of
>
> select jobid, ClientId, FileSetId, StartTime from job where jobid in (4301,
> 4292);
>
> would be useful to check that the other important fields are correct.
>
> The actual query used by Bacula will be
>
> SELECT StartTime FROM Job WHERE JobStatus='T' AND Type='B'
>        AND Level='F' AND Name='Ex1'
>        AND ClientId=$TheClientId
>        AND FileSetId=$TheFileSetId
>        ORDER BY StartTime DESC LIMIT 1;
>
> with $TheClientId and $TheFileSetId replaced by the appropriate numbers.  It
> should find jobid 4301 after the migration.  Prior to the migration, it should
> find jobid 4292.
>
> __Martin

> http://www.eset.com

Well I am not sure what the *correct* items for these fields would be
but I ran the query.
It seems like the file sets should be the same but there are two
FileSetID's.

I ran the *Bacula Query as typed and came up with the following results.
It looks like it is finding everything.
Does anything here show up as wrong?

*sql
Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
Entering SQL query mode.
Terminate each query with a semicolon.
Terminate query mode with a blank line.
Enter SQL query: select jobid, ClientId, FileSetId, StartTime from job
where jobid in (4301, 4292);
+-------+----------+-----------+---------------------+
| jobid | ClientId | FileSetId | StartTime           |
+-------+----------+-----------+---------------------+
| 4292  | 2        | 8         | 2008-05-02 17:36:40 |
| 4301  | 2        | 11        | 2008-05-02 17:36:40 |
+-------+----------+-----------+---------------------+

Enter SQL query: select StartTime FROM Job WHERE JobStatus='T' AND
Type='B' AND
+---------------------+' AND ClientId=2 AND FileSetId=8 ORDER BY
StartTime DESC
| StartTime           |
+---------------------+
| 2008-05-07 01:05:05 |
+---------------------+

Enter SQL query: select StartTime FROM Job WHERE JobStatus='T' AND
Type='B' AND
Level='F' and Name='Ex1' AND ClientId=2 AND FileSetId=11 ORDER BY
StartTime DESC
| StartTime           |
| 2008-05-02 17:36:40 |
Enter SQL query: