Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Migrated Monthly Backups not seen by Dailies.

2008-05-16 16:11:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Migrated Monthly Backups not seen by Dailies.
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 21:23:32 +0200
Hi,

16.05.2008 17:26, Doug Breshears wrote:

>> The output of
>>
>> select jobid, ClientId, FileSetId, StartTime from job where jobid in (4301,
>> 4292);
>>
>> would be useful to check that the other important fields are correct.
>>
>> The actual query used by Bacula will be
>>
>> SELECT StartTime FROM Job WHERE JobStatus='T' AND Type='B'
>>        AND Level='F' AND Name='Ex1'
>>        AND ClientId=$TheClientId
>>        AND FileSetId=$TheFileSetId
>>        ORDER BY StartTime DESC LIMIT 1;
>>
>> with $TheClientId and $TheFileSetId replaced by the appropriate numbers.  It
>> should find jobid 4301 after the migration.  Prior to the migration, it
>> should
>> find jobid 4292.
>>
>> __Martin
> Well I am not sure what the *correct* items for these fields would be
> but I ran the query.
> It seems like the file sets should be the same but there are two
> FileSetID's.
>
> I ran the *Bacula Query as typed and came up with the following results.
> It looks like it is finding everything.
> Does anything here show up as wrong?
>
> *sql
> Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
> Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
> Entering SQL query mode.
> Terminate each query with a semicolon.
> Terminate query mode with a blank line.
> Enter SQL query: select jobid, ClientId, FileSetId, StartTime from job
> where jobid in (4301, 4292);
> +-------+----------+-----------+---------------------+
> | jobid | ClientId | FileSetId | StartTime           |
> +-------+----------+-----------+---------------------+
> | 4292  | 2        | 8         | 2008-05-02 17:36:40 |
> | 4301  | 2        | 11        | 2008-05-02 17:36:40 |
> +-------+----------+-----------+---------------------+

The FileSetId definitely has to be the same... this is not mentioned
in the manual as far as I can see, though.

I recommend to set the file set of the migration job to the file set
of the original job first, and manually change the fileset id of the
already migrated jobs.

Also, this makes it impossible to use one migration job for original
jobs with different filesets... I wonder if a migration job should set
the fileset id itself to the original one.

> Enter SQL query: select StartTime FROM Job WHERE JobStatus='T' AND
> Type='B' AND
> +---------------------+' AND ClientId=2 AND FileSetId=8 ORDER BY
> StartTime DESC
> | StartTime           |
> +---------------------+
> | 2008-05-07 01:05:05 |
> +---------------------+
>
> Enter SQL query: select StartTime FROM Job WHERE JobStatus='T' AND
> Type='B' AND
> Level='F' and Name='Ex1' AND ClientId=2 AND FileSetId=11 ORDER BY
> StartTime DESC
> +---------------------+
> | StartTime           |
> | 2008-05-02 17:36:40 |