Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] DVD backup help

2008-05-13 13:42:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] DVD backup help
From: Rich <yahoo.rich AT bladeracing DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:42:10 -0600
Thanks Wes for the help.

I did try the --dvd-compat option.  I mean the -dvd-compat option :-).
That did not help anything that I could see.  I should mention that I am
writing to DVD+R media not DVD+RW media.  Messing around, so far the
best solution I have come up with is to set Maximum Volume Jobs = 1 in
the pool definition and to set Maximum Volume Size = 3990000000 in the
Device definition of the DVD.  Not sure why growisofs can not append
data to a DVD+R at this time and also do not know why the limit is set
to 4GB on a DVD that should handle ~4.38GB?

I stuffed into dvd-handler to run proc = popen2.Popen4("ulimit -l
unlimited") just before running proc = popen2.Popen4("cmd") under the
write function.

Looked at the latest 7.1 growisofs.c comments.  Apparently there was an
attempt to add -F/-free-space and allow a session to cross the 4GB
boundary area.

When I check what -F reported on a DVD volume written using Bacula this
is what I see.
# growisofs -F /dev/dvd
Executing 'mkisofs | builtin_dd of=/dev/dvd obs=32k seek=0'
next_session=0
capacity=0

Listing the volume use in Bacula it reports VolBytes to = 2,970,372,165.

Well anyways that as far as I have gotten with this.  Going to see if I
can get past the 4GB boundary area.

Wes, what media are you using RW?  Do you have Bacula set to write more
than 1 job to a media.  What limits if any as far as Max Volume Size are
you using?

Regards,