Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Volume Retention and Recycling

2008-05-08 15:45:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] Volume Retention and Recycling
From: "AJ Kertis" <akertis AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:43:09 -0400
I had a question about how recycling works. I was looking at the bacula automatic volume recycling page. I have my config for my pool in bacula-dir.conf set like this:

Pool {
  Name = Backup
  Use Volume _Once_ = yes
  Pool Type = Backup
  LabelFormat = "backup-"
  AutoPrune = yes
  VolumeRetention = 4 days
  Maximum Volumes = 2
  Recycle = yes
}

I have this to backup every night. Will it try to write more than one backup to a volume? After each backup it created its own file but after 2 backups it couldn't find a volume to append to and this must because of the line Maximum Volumes = 2. I changed the line to Maximum Volumes = 4. Is this correct since it is backed up daily ?

Thanks,

AJ