Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd crashes my box

2008-05-08 13:13:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd crashes my box
From: "Brian A. Seklecki" <bseklecki AT collaborativefusion DOT com>
To: Florian Primessnig <florian AT subnet DOT at>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 11:37:12 -0400
On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 16:33 +0200, Florian Primessnig wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I would appreciate any help i'll get from u guys.
> Since i upgraded my linux box (ubuntu gutsy to hardy LTS) bacula-fd
> causes my machine to freeze. if a job is started by the director and it
> connects to the file daemon on that particular machine the screen goes
> black all of a sudden. Needless to say bacula worked like charm for
> months before the version upgrade.

You'll want to setup a serial console remote KDB to trace a problem like
that.  Maybe compile in magic sysreq key support and try to force the
kernel to core dump, then get a backtrace.

Since more than one variable has changed, you may also want to try to
simulate high network+cpu+disk I/O activity though some other mechanism,
to run process-of-elimination against Bacula.

~BAS

--
Brian A. Seklecki <bseklecki AT collaborativefusion DOT com>
Collaborative Fusion, Inc.