Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula 2.2.10-b2 BETA released to Source Forge

2008-05-08 02:40:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula 2.2.10-b2 BETA released to Source Forge
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, "bacula-devel" <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 08:41:17 +0200
Hello,

This morning, I have released Bacula BETA 2.2.10-b2 source tar files and win32
binaries to the respective Bacula beta sections of Source Forge.  My
apologies if you received two notifications, but I tried the release last
night and it was impossible due to severe overloading of Source Forge.  This
morning the load was lighter making the release possible.

This release is an extension of all the prior 2.2.9 and the 2.2.10-b1 beta
releases.  It has been quite stable over the last week in the automatic
regression (some failures were due to insufficient disk space).  This release
should correct a good number of the problems with dual drive autochangers.
However, there are still one or two (hopefully minor problems) for which I am
currently testing a fix (not in the 2.2.10-b2 release).

I would appreciate if all the users who have had dual drive autochanger
problems would give 2.2.10-b2 a try and report their results.

The changes since version 2.2.10-b1 are:

Beta Release Version 2.2.10-b2
03May08
kes  Rework SD acquire for read to handle autochanger Volume
     swapping.
kes  Implement regression that explicitly tests swapping a Volume
     from one drive to another.
kes  Enhance disk-changer to detect most error conditions.
kes  Fix SD code so that it properly swaps a Volume between drives.
     This fixes bug #1083.
01May08
kes  Prevent a Volume that is being swapped from being freed from
     the volume list. This will most likely fix, at least partially,
     bug #1083.
kes  Fix strippath so that it does not get a buffer overrun and crash FD.
     This fixes bug #1078.
kes  Make inability to change owner/group when creating a dir only a
     warning rather than an error.
28Apr08
ebl  Fix SQL query in migration code
19Apr08
kes  Force unload of volume when wrong volume mounted in SD.
17Apr08
kes  Fix bat seg fault at termination.
kes  Add Bacula generated version to bat about box.

Best regards,

Kern