Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] question reguarding autochanger use

2008-05-07 10:16:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] question reguarding autochanger use
From: "Jeff Kalchik" <jkalchik AT frontiernet DOT net>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 09:06:48 -0500 (CDT)
> Arno:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 07.05.2008 06:28, Blake Dunlap wrote:
>>

>> I was thinking of modifying mtx-changer to automatically do an update
>> slots and retry whatever action was occurring if the following error
>> occurred,
>
> (which is a "Slot full" condition on unload)

Blake, you really should be looking at why the slot is occupied, rather
that looking at workarounds after the fact.

In my day job, we have an Adic/Scalar I2000 silo running Data Protector
(and to all the gentlefolk, *PLEASE* don't go there.....)  It suffers from
a similar problem in that it will terminate a backup if  drive can't
unload due to an occupied slot.  This was arising here from the procedure
that had been used to load cartridges through the import/export slots.
Once that was fixed, the problem disappeared.

Jeff Kalchik