Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Data De-Duplication

2008-05-07 09:45:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Data De-Duplication
From: Damian Brasher <db2 AT ecs.soton.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 14:40:09 +0100
Hi List

Has there been any discussion or implementation of Data De-Duplication
techniques or Linux software that Bacula can take advantage of?

I am thinking at the file system level but file level would of course be
useful. The tool 'uniq' looks like it has some scripting potential for
basic file system de-duping.

I ask as I am using a tapeless system (NAS) device and then distributing
the resulting monthly FULL and Differentials over WAN to other sites.

Regards  dlb

http://www.diap.org.uk - DistributedInternetArchiveProtocol(Program)

--
Damian Brasher