Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Backup

2008-05-02 17:54:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Backup
From: C M Reinehr <cmr AT amsent DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 16:54:15 -0500
AJ,

On Fri 02 May 2008 16:21, AJ Kertis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble understanding how purging and pruning backup jobs works.
> I have a backup that didn't work and I would like to delete it or purge it.
> It is my understanding when you do this that this only happens in the
> catalog. How do you actually get the space back on the file storage? Any
> help or clarification would be great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> AJ

Bacula will not, itself, remove file storage volumes. You must either remove
them manually (`rm filename`) or write a script (bash, perl, etc.) which
identifies purged volumes in the catalog & then removes the actual volumes.
You can trigger these scripts either with run before, run after job
statements, with admin jobs, or even cron jobs.

cmr

--
Debian 'Etch' - Registered Linux User #241964
--------