BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Boot drive failure recovery options?

2014-12-31 17:37:48
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Boot drive failure recovery options?
From: Ed Willis <ewillis AT jesande DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 17:14:56 -0500
Hmmm - I haven't gotten this far yet (it's a pile of work really - is there a need for a stand-alone utility for unarchiving BackupPC archives perhaps?) but I'm wondering about the degree to which I'll need to replicate the original configuration of BackupPC in order to get either BackupPC_zcat or BackupPC_tarCreate to work?  Will it be enough to just get it installed and then point either utility at the right directory or file containing the item to be restored or will I need to reconfigure it equivalently to how it was configured originally to get these utilities to work?

Thanks!

     Ed