BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Execute script before backup

2014-12-17 03:34:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Execute script before backup
From: Ibon Castilla <ibon.castilla AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 08:50:44 +0100

Hi again,

I have tested the workaround proposed by Colin, and I have a comment
and a question about it:

* Comment: the idea was to use BackupPC_serverMesg to launch the
backup, and then use that command again to test if the server ended
that backup successfully.
I've realized that the command just tells the server to launch the
backup, but it really doesn't do that action by itself, so I have to
ask to the server many times if the backup has finished yet.
Instead of BackupPC_serverMesg I've decided to use BackupPC_dump,
because this one does the backup by itself. This way, when it finishes
a backup I can set down the VPN tunnel without asking the server.

* Question: to use BackupPC_dump, the host must be defined on the host
file. This way BackupPC will try to back it up as a "regular" host,
and to avoid that I've been trying to use $Conf{BackupsDisable} on
my_host.pl file. If I set that parameter to 1 or 2, then BackupPC_dump
complains about it, saying that the host is configured to avoid
backups. Is there a way to set up the configuration of my_host and at
the same time avoid BackupPC to back ip up as a regular host, and just
when I want to do it manually?.

Cheers, Ibon.

Abrazo, Ibon.

Usa Software Libre, tus úlceras te lo agradecerán
Realizado con Software Libre.
- --
GPG public key at http://sinanimodelucro.net/ibon_gmail.asc
Finderprint: 1761 59B9 6DE6 0402 31B9 1872 178F A6FD 75F9 EB29