BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Long-Term Backups/Rotation

2014-09-11 06:16:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Long-Term Backups/Rotation
From: strowi AT hasnoname DOT de
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 12:14:30 +0200
Hi,

wouldn't it be possible to do this with the exponential backup expiry
like this:

$Conf{FullPeriod} = 6,97
$Conf{IncPeriod} = 0,97
$Conf{FullKeepCnt} = [4,0,12,0,0,0,10]

Would that give me:
daily incrementals for a week,
4 weeks of full backups (1 full each week),
12 months (4*12 weeks) of full backups ( 1 full of each month),
~10 years (10*64 of backups ( 1 full of each year)

Can anyone clarify this for me?

thx in advance,
Roman