BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Schedule in host config not picking up blackout period

2014-02-21 12:37:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Schedule in host config not picking up blackout period
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:35:00 -0600
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Adam Hardy
<adam.hardy AT cyberspaceroad DOT com> wrote:
> The BlackoutGoodCnt is set to 7. Interesting config option! Although I'm not
> sure it helps me.

It is intended to make sure that PCs that are routinely turned off
during the non-blackout times are backed up sometime.  You can usually
push things to the right times when you add a host (or later if
needed) by going to the host page and clicking the 'stop/dequeue
backup' button even if it is not currently running.  From that page
you can add a number of hours to wait before starting a backup so you
can make the first one happen at an appropriate time.  After that, the
approximately-24hr scheduling will normally keep it close enough until
the BlackoutGoodCnt days have elapsed.   If this doesn't mesh well
with the laptop targets, you might want to disable it.

> I think I'll take the advice and set the WakeupSchedule to nighttime only.

Then you'll lose the chance to catch machines that were turned off at night.