BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Detect when Backup_Link has finished

2013-12-09 19:24:51
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Detect when Backup_Link has finished
From: SimonUtter <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 16:23:12 -0800
I have a Cron job which runs on specific dated, after the backup has finished I
want to archive the latest backup. So far I have tried execute my archive
script in postusercmd. I execute the script like this to let the postusercmd
finishes so that I archive the latest backup:

nohup ./etc/backuppc/archive_host.sh hostname > /dev/null 2>&1 &

In some cases Backuppc_link runs after the backup has been done. Is there a way
to detect when it finishes, or to detect if it gets executed at all? I did a
bit of testing using kill -0 and greping for backup_link pid. Some times the
linking just runs to fast for the script to get the pid. Do you guys have any
ideas how to archive the latest backup after backuppc_link has been executed?

Cheers