BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] R: Re: Different schedule for every module

2013-06-12 10:58:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] R: Re: Different schedule for every module
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "absolutely_free AT libero DOT it" <absolutely_free AT libero DOT it>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:57:04 -0500
On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 9:24 AM, absolutely_free AT libero DOT it
<absolutely_free AT libero DOT it> wrote:

> For example, I've in /etc/backuppc several .pl file, for every backuppc
> client.
>
> Should I add server2b.mydomain.com.pl and put this (only for module "home")?
>
> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
>   'home',
>  # 'home2',
>   #'mysql',
>   #'etc',
>   #'home3',
>   #'home4'
> ];
> $Conf{RsyncdPasswd} = 'XXXXXXX';
> $Conf{RsyncdUserName} = 'server2';
> $Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsyncd';
> $Conf{PingCmd} = '/bin/true';
> $ClientNameAlias = 'server2.mydomain.com'
>
> and
>
> server2c.mydomain.com.pl (only for module "home2")?
>
> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
>  #'home',
>  'home2',
>   #'mysql',
>   #'etc',
>   #'home3',
>   #'home4'
> ];
> $Conf{RsyncdPasswd} = 'XXXXXXX';
> $Conf{RsyncdUserName} = 'server2';
> $Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsyncd';
> $Conf{PingCmd} = '/bin/true';
> $ClientNameAlias = 'server2.mydomain.com'
>
> ..and so on?

Yes, that should work - if you are sure you really need to control the
timing separately - you might be able to group at least some of the
shares.  And, I'd normally use the web interface for that kind of
change.  If you use the NEWHOST=OLDHOST syntax when adding the new
instances it will copy the original so you don't have to edit much.