BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Stop TrashClean / Return directories backup list

2013-03-21 00:09:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Stop TrashClean / Return directories backup list
From: <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 00:08:07 -0400
Holger Parplies wrote at about 03:50:34 +0100 on Thursday, March 21, 2013:
 > Ideally, one of us would write "BackupPC_ls" for you, so
 > you could list hosts and backups from the command line. Jeffrey, are there
 > any
 > volunteers? ;-)
 > Actually, I seem to have written something vaguely similar in 2007 ... a
 > quick
 > hack it was then, and it still is now, and it's almost certainly untested
 > with
 > BackupPC 3.x, but you could give it a try. Should list the hosts and backups
 > BackupPC is aware of. Seems non-destructive enough, in any case.

I tend to just manually 'read' the 'backups' file for each
host... it's plaintext with tab separated values... and I pretty much
know what fields I am interested in... (alternatively, I just look at
the subdirectories that are numerical if I just want to know what
backups I have)... so who needs anything fancy? :P