BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Forcing time distribution of backups?

2013-03-13 17:54:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Forcing time distribution of backups?
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:53:00 -0400
Koen Vermeer <koen AT vermeer DOT tv> wrote on 03/13/2013 08:13:45 PM:

> On 2013-03-13 21:20, Brad Alexander wrote:

> So I'm wondering, is there a way to better force a better
> distribution of backup jobs during the day?

> What about setting MaxBackups to a smaller number than 4?

That's what I'd do:  set the MaxBackups to, say, 1, and they'll be forced to spread out.

Or, hand-craft the blackout periods so they don't overlap.  But I'd rather just let the system do it for me, and setting MaxBackups to the most you want to run simultaneously will accomplish this without you having to think about it.

Tim Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!

http://www.OutOfTheBoxSolutions.com