BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Forcing time distribution of backups?

2013-03-13 16:38:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Forcing time distribution of backups?
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:37:22 -0400
On 03/13 04:20 , Brad Alexander wrote:
>  I've been playing with this gant.pl script from the other thread, which
> showed visual evidence of something I already knew. Most of my backups fire
> within about a 30 minute period.

What is your $Conf{MaxBackups} value in config.pl?

If it's the default of $Conf{MaxBackups} = 4, try turning it down to 2 or 1
so that you don't have 4 backups going off simultaneously. Really, even on a
big backup server with fast disk I don't set that number above 3, and 1 is a
more usual number if the number of machines to be backed up is small enough.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator